Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First Challenge


Living in Southern California, it is easy to become a mass consumer, particularly in the image arena. Like most 26 year old career gals, my budget it tight. Though my husband loves for me to pamper myself, I need to learn how to make the most of my muchness [things I already own]. I met Minh Le @ The Style Lounge in Carlsbad through my sister-in-law. Minh is amazing with hair, and the best dresser I know. When I found out she does Wardrobe Overhauls, I jumped at the chance, though I didn't know what that meant. After three weeks of purging my closet, having a body assessment done and doing my best to be a good student, I've graduated. Now I face the real world with the temptation to buy and summoning the willpower to not just be content with what I have but be excited about the years, tears, and monies I've put into my wardrobe.

My first project is 59 Days of Style. The goals are simple:

1. Don't buy any clothing or shoes
2. Don't wear the same outfit twice

That means one item of clothing needs to have never been worn with the collection of the others. The only exceptions are if I find the items on my current shopping list. I may buy any of the following items once:

1. Gladiator sandals
2. Opaque black leggings
3. Tom's sneakers
4. A romper, if Jesus provides a nice fitting one

My promise to you is that I will post a photo of every outfit I wear for 59 days.

7 comments:

  1. How fun that you're blogging!

    By the way, I own about forty-seven pairs of Old Navy's black leggings that I buy online. They are the best. A little thicker than the ones I've gotten at other places, nice and long, and just great all around. Plus they're like five bucks. Definitely a wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cate! I'm going to go to Old Navy and check those out today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading your blog! And I clicked through to comment to tell you about the Old Navy black leggings... which Cate already did. Seriously though: best ever. They're long enough (I'm 5'9'' and the reach my ankle without looking too short) but on Cate they're actually long because she's such a shorty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stine! Abigail, so glad to know about these leggings. My stylist told me mine weren't thick enough, grrr. Can you post the link to the leggings or are there just one kind at Old Navy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are all their current leggings: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=57563

    The three on the right are all the same kind that we're talking about, just in different colors. Love.

    ReplyDelete