Saturday, March 19, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 12 & 13: It's Gettin Cold Again

Just when I start to think it's summer time, the temperatures drop to the 50s and 60s. Cold weather like this just makes me want to get in my velour track suit and drink hot chocolate. Why do they call it a "suit" anyways? It didn't help much that Thursday was St. Patty's Day, a holiday known for drinking. That makes getting up and dressed for Friday all the more difficult. Not only am I planning new outfits everyday, but I'm doing my hair and make up daily too.

Friday:


Notice the black leggings worn on Day 10 with cowboy boots. The "skirt" is actually just a long tank from Forever 21. The sweater looked totally crazy on the hanger with the wide top and narrow bottom but totally cute on. If you find a sweater in the store and it has a bizarre shape, try it on, you might end up loving it. This one is also from Forever 21.

Saturday:

Favorite boots? Yes! These Steve Madden boots were recommended by Minh Le, the amazing stylist. Side tip- always check Retail Me Not before ordering anything online, you might find some great coupons. These boots have three notches on the top so you can tighten them up then scrunch them down. Jacket also seen on Day 1 with a dress and the scarf was Day 3 as a casual accessory. Paired with skinny jeans and I'm ready to go to the movies with friends! Look at me, mix-matching outfits :)

4 comments:

  1. The boots are also great for people with larger calves. One of my friends has a really hard time finding boots that fit her and these look gorgeous on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look really great in those boots... I think they might look great on me too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been really injoying your blog. Lots of good ideas and thing to try. You crative people have to help thouse of us who are not lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I love the encouragement. It is really fun for me to be creative in this way.

    ReplyDelete