Wednesday, March 9, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 3


Who doesn't want a pair of slouchy, boyfriend jeans? These jeans are called "skinny slouchy" by Gap which means they are loose fitting and tapered. A bad combination for an inverted triangle shaped body. Minh, remember she is a genius, suggested I was wearing these too long. Not the difference between the above and below photos. No mater what your shape, experiment with different pant lengths trying to objectively see which looks best on you with different casual jeans. Don't be like me and keep things the way you buy them at the store or see them in a magazine; that just doesn't work for everyone.

I do also want to note that this crew neck black sweater from Forever 21 is a must have in everyone's closet. This is one of the pieces Minh had me add to my wardrobe. You will see much more of it to come. Since I'm not buying any more clothing, getting an infinity scarf or desert scarf was out of the question even though I've had a hankering for one. Well, my friends, its as simple as looping the scarf around twice and tucking in the ends. Yes, that easy and you too can have the look without buying another item. What if a little of the scarf ends dangle out of the back? Do not fret, 70's style fringe is a good thing.

Want to add some edge to a cozy outfit? Add a deer head ring! This one from H&M came in a pack of other animal head rings all for $7. Chictopia agrees.

Thank you, Chris for taking these photos for me on my iPhone! Also props to Max for being a nice accessory. 

Today's to do list:
-Work on rolling banners for my work's upcoming conference
-Go grocery shopping
-Checkout Old Navy's black leggings recommended to me by the lovely Cate

6 comments:

  1. Luke thinks you should wear a rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks, Luke! 2 and a half year olds are so creative with dressing. Haha. Well, maybe I'll have to wear a super colorful outfit tomorrow for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to remember a pair of rainbow toe socks you wore in high school that would fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good word on the Forever 21 sweater. I've been in the market for a basic black pullover sweater that I could dress up or down for some months, since realizing that I never wore the one I had because it wasn't a good shape for me, and I finally found just the right one at the Mission Bargain Center here in Oxnard about a month ago. But if I hadn't, I'd be on my way to the Pacific View Mall this weekend. Will have to keep Forever 21 in mind for wardrobe staples in the future -- I've never before lived close enough to one to make it into my normal shopping loop, so I keep overlooking them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I've openned your mind to a new shop. Definitely good for fun trendy stuff along with some good staples too. Thanks for checkig out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great place for inexpensive staples and fun pieces is H&M! I'm jealous of you central coasters for having one right at the Pacific View Mall.

    ReplyDelete