Friday, March 25, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 18 & 19: Nude Flats

The magic of nude, blush, or beige shoes has passed my notice until my stylist, Minh Le, recommended these blush flats by Steve Madden.
These shoes are perfect for elongating the legs when wearing skinny Gap jeans. They are also style neutral so they go with EVERYTHING! Notice the long tank also worn on Day 10. I love the color and it was only about $5 at H&M.


Here is what I'm wearing today. I love this dress I bought for my bridal shower, the 40's style and kelly green brighten my day, but the back of it is all puffy and not flattering at all. What to do? I just put on my Anne Taylor denim jacket (Day 5, Day 6) and rolled up the sleeves. The shoes are again, awesome, since they don't make March legs look any whiter.


The afternoon light was not very bright in my room, so I'm including this super cool picture. I tried something new, using my lip gloss as a liner for a light pink Burt's Bees chap stick. The wand's tip was easy to use as a lip liner and, since it is a lip gloss, very forgiving and easy to blend.









 
Inspiration:
-Try putting a sweater or jacket over a not-so-favorite dress
-Budget to invest in some nude flats or pumps

Thanks for reading!
<3
E

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I have to ask. Where did you find your black tank top from F21?
    I was in there last week and I searched the place top to bottom. Granted I am sensitive to sensory overloading (loud music, bright lights) but the best I could do was find a blue tank and a long striped tank. I am looking for some really long tanks and I bought one there several years ago but can't seem to find them in the store. F21 might think it's fun to mix everything up and under pay their staff so they don't know anything but going in there with less then a personal shopper is madness.
    I even tried screaming "Accio long tank tops!" and I pulled out my lip liner for the full effect. Alas my summoning charm did not work. So if you know the general direction that they might be in or are willing to have a day out with me and brave the store, I would GREATLY apprciate it!
    I love the blog it's a bright spot in my day!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Loreal! You totally made me laugh! Yes, they like to change things up at F21, always. I believe it was actually hanging up as a "tank-top dress" and comes with a matching sash around the waist. Hope that helps. Let me know next time you go and I'll meet you there.

    ReplyDelete