Sunday, April 10, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 35 & 36: Inspired by Peter Pan

Today I made up my mind to wear these tights, they were purchased 3 or 4 years ago at Target and the $3.48 clearance tag was still on the packaging. Yes, they remind me a bit of Peter Pan, however, neon tights are the thing this spring. An old habit I had was to wear as many colors as I felt like, believing as long as they go together, I was doing a good thing. Not so, my friend. There is a place for fun patters and colors but not on an everyday basis and not with electric tights like these. A great way to think of using color is base and accents. I chose a Ann Taylor denim pencil skirt and black cowl neck top to keep things simple. Since the tights are the focus, I did not want to cover them up with boots so I chose my Steve Madden nude flats, a great way to style nude flats.
Can't stand only having one color in an outfit? I love adding a touch of color to my nails, this coral shade by OPI is one of my favorites. I also chose one bold, unique accessory- a zebra print flower cuff from Minh Le's line.


Saturday I had a home day, here is my casual outfit. How do I always seem to wear things together from the same place? The jeans and sweater are both from Gap. the scarf was a gift from my husband's grandma. Got to love cashmere!

2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to dig out my old sun dresses and spruce them up with a cute cardigan and skinny pants. I wore an awesome combo yesterday (if I do say so myself) for a work meeting and was complemented quiet a few times. I had a really casual look with flats and a long cardigan for visiting my clients, then changed into a blazer for the meeting, then changed into heels for after work dinner. Of course I had to bring the blazer and heels with me but it made for a really easy quick change that went from day to night. I would post a picture here but as it took all of my skills to figure out how to post a comment I will leave it off for now.
    I am a little sad you are coming to the end of your challenge though. It has inspired me to organize me closet (gasp!) And find new looks from old clothes. Any thoughts for a new challenge? Maybe different makeup looks, or summer trends for the fashionably challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the props! Sounds like you had a fun day. Not sure what I'm going to be doing for my next project. Thanks for the ideas! I can't believe I'm nearing the end of this journey either.

    ReplyDelete