Thursday, April 7, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 30-33: Ruffles, Solids, Florals and Stripes!

I can't believe I've received 936 page views, almost 1,000! Thank you all for your interest in my humble blog. Looking back over the past 4 days worth of outfits shows me how "all-over-the-place" I've been this week. From working to playing, I've had fun trying to put new things together. It is starting to be a real challenge as I've worn all of my favorite pieces and outfits and am now having to try hard to think of new looks. Maybe that explains the random mix of outfits this week!


Monday: Ruffles
This is how I wore this outfit, since I had to be walking around the property, boots were a must. Another sale item from Anthropologie, this ruffle shirt is lots of fun. I love adding a little frill to an outfit. I was working, so I added a plain Gap cardigan and my Anne Taylor twill black skinny pants.
 Alternative look adding some fun peep-toe pumps.
















Tuesday: Solids
Super tired Tuesday morning, I couldn't remember what outfits I had already worn. The forecast said it was going to be warm, but I wanted to cover my tattoo on my arm. The fix? Pleated 3/4 sleeve top with wide-leg trouser jeans. A fun bracelet added some razamataz. (Yes, the top and pants are both from Gap and yes, the cost was about $35 combined.)

Wednesday: Florals
Alright, this is one of my all-time favorite outfits. Why? Because this is the dress I bought for my engagement party and have only worn at weddings ever since. Minh, my stylist, told me to throw this cardigan (Day 4 Day 11 ) on and ta-da! daytime AND party time outfit. Grey leggings also help make this outfit casual and more conservative. Gosh, Erin, you sure wear those boots a lot! Well, I love them, so there ;)

Close up of the fun floral-lace pattern. If you want to wear floral, but aren't in to floral tones and patters, pick something like this monochromatic cut-out layered material.













Thursday: Stripes

It's hard to deny that stripes are in style. I, like most people, have a healthy fear of stripes. They can make you look bigger, which nobody wants. However, they are just too cute and stylish to let the classic look go on without us. My other striped shirt (Day 10, Day 23) has cool stripes that go over the shoulder and break up the horizontal lines. This top has small stripes and is nice and long. Since I was in a cozy mood, I chose to break it up with a long cardigan. The rolled up pants and cute flats were inspired by my friend, Heather. Cozy, cute day? Yes, please!

May you be inspired to embrace your eclectic side. Chose a bold piece and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment