Wednesday, March 16, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 8, 9, 10: Business to Casual

Hello friends! After a two day trip to SB my life didn't take a break as I had two days of important meetings on Monday and Tuesday. Here are my outfits for Monday, Tuesday and today, Wednesday.


Here are my two meeting looks. The first was for a more casual meeting with a current client and the other for a big kick off meeting with new clients. The trick to meeting outfits is always plan them out in advance so you don't have to worry about it when you have other things on your mind. I love my necklace from Minh Le, the bag my love, Christine, got for me and my new Forever 21 cardigan. I saw the same looking cardigan in InStyle for $198! It's hard feeling bad about wearing a straight up copy even though you buy it before you know it was designed by someone else. I'll just have to get by with a little guilt and a lot of style. If you weren't aware, chain details are HUGE right now.

Here is me today! Hairsprayed ponytail brushed out and washed. My hair enjoyed the much needed hair mask from Arbonne, so I went curly today. Finally out of slacks and enjoying my new leggings from Guess Inc. with my Forever 21 stripped shirt, vintage beads and Steve Madden cowboy boots. I spent 3 days and went to over 12 stores to find these leggings. My stylist, Minh Le, said I need thick black leggings I can swing as pants. All the leggings I found were great for under knee length dresses but not so much for showing thigh. Guess, Inc had a couple designs left on sale and I was able to find these wonderful leggings. Originally $60, got them for $15! Love a bargain. They do have side zippers on the hips, which are totally cute. When I tried them on I unzipped them first. It took me about 7 min before I realized you can't zip them up after the leggings are on. I took them off, zipped them up, then put them back on. If you take one thing away from this post it is NEVER UNZIP YOUR LEGGINGS.

Can't believe I've already gone 10 days without wearing the same outfit twice. It is so tempting to go back to a favorite outfit instead of trying new things. Love to all!

PS If you ever have tips, suggestions, or just want to say "hi", feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend ask me about my boots on fb. I got them a few years back at Macy's. Here are some that are not very expensive and are similar: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/sm+women%27s+diablo+western+boot?prodId=dsw12prod2840027&productRef=SEARCH

    ReplyDelete