Monday, March 14, 2011

59 Days of Style Days 6 & 7: Weekend in Santa Barbara


We all know it is always difficult to pack for a trip, even a one night trip to Santa Barbara. Are you the over packer wanting to be prepared for every situation, any possible mood? Or are you the under packer, thinking 2 pairs of underwear and one shirt will hold you through a weekend, weather unknown? Being that I'm doing this blog- and yes, I do post pictures of my daily outfits, not one day of trying on lots of outfits and taking pictures-I was faced with making sure my outfits were planned to the Nth. This meant trying on the outfit I packed to make sure I felt comfortable enough in it to not be bummed that was all I had.

  
Saturday: Driving to Santa Barbara, walking around then going to dinner with my husband's family for my brother-in-law's birthday party. I layered my black padded shoulder tank with black tights, my cute Forever 21 shorts with the same Ann Taylor jean jacket from Friday. This outfit is comfortable and edgy. The only problem I had was lots of walking made the flowy shorts ride up a bit :( Might be too much information, but better I tell you not to layer leggings with shorts on days you are doing a lot of walking then you find out the hard way.


Sunday: Going to our old church in Ventura and hanging out with friends at the Ventura Harbor. So happy I planned this outfit Friday night! Remember to always try on any outfit you haven't worn together before to make sure you are happy with the shapes. This corduroy mini skirt came from my pile of not-warn-often pieces. I don't like the way it makes my butt look and feel it is sometimes a bit short. Wearing this nautical sweater with a long tank top and tights literally coveres up my issues. The star of the outfit is these textured tights. If you don't have any textured tights, make sure you pick up a pair and WEAR THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment