Tuesday, March 8, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 1


Here is my first outfit. The skirt is actually a dress that I bought for my Rehearsal Dinner. I don't much like the way the waist looks so I haven't warn it a second time since that night over 2 years ago. Making dresses into skirts is one of my new passions. You will see this happen a lot. The jacket is one of my favorites that my Mom bought me for Christmas. The side ruffle makes it extra flattering and the mustard color is the only yellow I seem to be able to pull off. Paired with my black stripped tights and slouchy black boots and I'm good to go!

Today's to do list:
-Work
-Go to lunch with Jacqueline Midkiff and help plan the upcoming wedding photo shoot she is styling with my husband, Chris Stetson
-Company dinner meeting
-Shopping with my husband

2 comments:

  1. Did you alter the dress into a skirt or just cheat it by wearing a top over it (which is genius)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a little cheater! Simply zipped the coat over the dress. The black crew neck sweater I'm wearing today, Day 3, also works great in these situations. The key is to make sure the sweater hits at the right place and the dress isn't bunchy under the sweater/ jacket. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete