Tuesday, March 22, 2011

59 Days of Style Days 15 & 16: Confidence and Pashmina


Yesterday was an all day work marathon as I prepared for a company-wide meeting that we had last night. Since most people were going to be dress casually, I didn’t want to look too out of place. I selected these wide-leg trouser jeans, an asymmetric patterned Ann Taylor red cow neck top with my chain cardigan. I have had a bit of a hard time figuring out how to wear this read top, since it is bold. By wearing a cardigan, I could show part of the pattern while not being over the top. 


Confidence is huge when it comes to running a meeting, meeting with clients or just to have a productive day. You have now seen me wear this cardigan three times (Day 9, Day 14 )there is a reason for this, it gives me confidence. Not sure if it is the slim fit, the soft material, the deep color or just the awesome chain but something about this sweater says to me “CONFIDENCE”! Everyone should have one go to item in their closet they know will give them this feeling, especially when they are having an off day. As I’m going through this journey I am becoming not only more thoughtful about what I chose to wear but the way I feel in my clothes. That is my challenge to you; ask yourself “how do I feel in this outfit?” Confident? Sexy? Happy? Or just “okay?” On our journey of wardrobe discovery, we might as well discover a thing or two about ourselves.

Today I am worn out, tired and a bit droopy feeling, time to get comfortable. Velour track suit??!?! Hmmmm? Not today, my friend. I pulled on my black crew-neck sweater,  (Day 3) favorite Gap jeans and sheepskin boots. I feel 100% comfortable and cozy. The only way I allowed myself to wear this as an actual outfit was by adding this gorgeous pashmina scarf my Grandma gave me. I also added two current trends: insect jewelry and berry lips. The brooch was in my Great-Grandmother’s “not special” jewelry box passed over by the matriarchs, so I got to adopt it. Berry lips are pretty but I’m not about to commit to a day of thick lipstick when I just want to take the day slow. This lip gloss by Arbonne is perfect, you can layer it on as light or as dark as you want and… it’s not sticky! I can’t stand sticky lip gloss, ick. 



 
Today’s lessons:
-Find out what in your wardrobe makes you feel confident and wear it!
-Have fun with scarves and spruce them up with a vintage or vintage looking, brooch
-Bust out a fun lip color
As always, thanks for reading.
<3
E

No comments:

Post a Comment