Monday, August 1, 2011

Creating Outfits with Toms

I like the idea of having themed blog posts, so I have been collecting outfit photos and noticed these all have Toms Shoes in them. Toms are a new thing for me, I've only had mine a couple months. One of the things I like about them, besides the cute factor, is that they have really nice soles and arch support. "Beauty is pain" is a mantra I've accepted in conjunction with my footwear, happily, Toms do not require me to chant as I take each step.
The jeans I am wearing are called "slouchy skinny" and they are by Gap. I love the beat up look of them and, with a fun F21 tank, they are the perfect casual accessory to my Toms.

This shirt has been sitting in my closet since I saw an unflattering picture of me in it. I had made up my mind that, if I didn't find a cute way to wear it, it was going to the thrift store. This is something I have to do from time to time or nothing will leave my closet.
Great news! After adding the vest, I now love this top! Defining the waist and adding some pizazz, my NY&co vest was the chicken soup to this sick top. You may also notice that I have big, fun necklaces on in each shot. When wearing something as androgynous as Toms, adding a little femininity can go a long way.



2 comments:

  1. So second attempt at posting on here.

    What can I say I love me some vests!
    I have a great vest from NY&co (ditto!) and I love how many looks can be created from a single piece and how it replaced my sweaters for warm weather looks.
    I really like your jeans and I think it would be great for you to have an expo about your collection and why they work and how many pairs/styles one should have in their wardrobe.
    Or you could have a closet invaders post and invade an unsuspecting friends closet and critique it.
    Just some thoughts, anyway I love your blog it's a bright spot in my day, so I hope you continue with your style and blogging it away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Loreal! I love your ideas and will get started on a blog about my jeans real soon. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete