Thursday, March 31, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 20-26: Cardigans-Tanks

 My original idea was to showcase the different cardigans I wore Saturday-Monday, however, I didn't get a chance to blog! So here is my catch-up blog.

Forever 21 cardigan with black F21 tank and cuffed jeans (Day 11). This cardigan has the same odd "wing" style as the one I wore on Day 12. Even though it looks strange on a hanger, it is flattering and easy to wear; a nice, shear option for those not-cold-not-hot-days.

What to wear hanging out with friends and going wine tasting? I wanted something pretty, stretchy, lightweight and all-over comfortable. Black leggings with a white tank can be the base of many wonderful outfits. The cardigan is Anne Taylor and the skirt, you guessed it, Forever 21! I LOVE adding a unique necklace to most outfits. This one was given to me by a friend Ellie for my Birthday.
After a busy weekend, I wanted to be comfortable. You should know these black Guess leggings by now, they are an easy go-to item. Inspired by Audrey Hepburn, black flats was a must. The tank top is the same long black one from Forever 21 and the cardigan I wore in Venture on Day 7. I didn't know how much I liked these vintage beads until I started looking through all of these photos of me wearing them! They came from Love Fox Vintage in Ventura. Be happy, Love Fox has an etsy shop!

Going to Disneyland and didn't want to get a sunburn, so I wore a long sleeve top (Day 10) over a black tank and my Gap skinnies (Day 13 and Day 18). My friend asked me if I took a picture of my outfit before going to Disneyland; of course I did! It's the blogging that takes time, not the photos, as you can tell by their amazing quality ;)


HOT! Yesterday was the first of an unexpected heatwave. I began reaching for a plan tank to pair with my "custom" cut offs when I remembered I am being held accountable to my outfits by this blog. Alright, so the goal is to still wear tank tops, but ones that are actually tops, not undershirts. This is a cross back tank I got a Target last summer, it has a fun flower detail at the shoulder and floats nicely away from my tummy :)
Today! Finally made it through. LOVE this Anthro dress (layered on Day 14) I got for about $30, paired with a little white cardigan and some sandals and I'm ready for the 90 degree weather Dallas Rains was threatening me with. It is hard to see my hair, but I want you all to know I am sporting the "bang french". Easy way to get rid of your bangs and add a touch of boho to an outfit.

Want to free your legs from winter but lacking the confidence? Fake it! This self-tanner is awesome because it doesn't have any harmful stuff in it and it actually has SPF 15 so your, actually white, legs are protected from getting burnt. To add some color to my face, I used bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks and for eye shadow (thought you'd like that little trick).

Happy Summer, Californians!

6 comments:

  1. love the sun dress and strapy red flats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm a big fan of sun dresses. The red flats are Seychelles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of outfits Erin! I especially love the leggings with the striped cardi! Perfect touch of nautical for the spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love the comments, so helpful to get feedback since I'll be able to rewear these outfits after the 59 days. If you ever have suggestions on how to pair items from different days, I'd love to hear that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks but no thanks for the tip on self tanners. I'm really trying to go whiter then Lord Voldemort himself. :) (If he was still alive of course)

    ReplyDelete