Wednesday, March 23, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 17: Skirt This!

Skirts make me feel girlie and frilly. That is fine if you aren't needing to woman up to a crazy day.
Trying to challenge myself, I put on my flowy Anthropologie skirt. Needing to add some structure and power to my look, I chose deep colors,  not pastels and florals. This military inspired jacket is comfortable but seemed a bit boxy. Simple solution; I rolled up my sleeves to make it more casual. I also opted to show off my knees so I wasn't dark head to toe. Usually, a black boot would be the choice for an outfit with a black jacket, however choosing brown boots (yes, my favorites from Day 12 and 13) lighten the look.





To carry the look to my face, I did a black-lined eye and a nude lip. Concealer and a dab of lip gloss work great.



Who doesn't need a little glitz in their day? This "diamond" and chain leather cuff by Swank is a great combination of girlie and edgy. Another tip from Minh Le- always wear clear or nude polish when wanting to look professional.




Inspiration: pick something in your closet and wear it in a new way you never have before.


Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment