Thursday, March 10, 2011

59 Days of Style Day 4: Rocking it at Work

Ever wanted to let your inner rocker out… at work? I always feel frumpy in work clothes so having a look that’s completely rocking and can go from the office to dinner to dancing is super empowering. The key is super sleek, simple, tight clothes with one volume item. I’m wearing black leggings, black mini skirt, dark purple cowl neck sweater with a fun flower encrusted short sleeve cardigan! The volume from the sleeve helps to narrow the waist and bring attention to my awesome faux hawk. The item of note here really is the black stretchy mini from Forever 21. It is about 7” wide and takes some wiggling to get it on, but it only costs $8 and is the perfect layering piece. Add brown boots to make it a bit more grounded or black, pointed pumps for going out. A fun bracelet, like this zebra print flower cuff from SWANK (Minh's jewelry line) is just the pop of girliness this outfit is hungry for.
Feeling extra daring? I am. This feminine from the front, rocker from the side faux hawk took me about 5 min to do. I teased the top, pinned it back then just pinned the sides towards the middle in a vertical line on each side. Having short hair makes this easy. If you have long hair, you can do a row of lose buns or a french braid.

To do today:
-get some work done!
-go shopping with Mom so she can get an awesome outfit for our meeting next week.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of the best parts about Minh. I can go to work and sorta shock people, but they can't object because its completely appropriate. Also, your mom should do mohawk next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true! And I should ad, why not? Let's see if I can get Mom to rock a hawk, harhar!

    ReplyDelete