Thursday, June 23, 2011

1980's Dance Night

Going out for a girl's night is always fun, especially getting to get dressed up! For me, dancing makes me think of the 1980's, a time of color, fun and music. This outfit was my way of taking what I love about the 80's but adding a modern cleanness.

It does not come across very well, but the tights are green, the same ones I wore during my challenge (Day 35). The striped racer-back tank was bought at H&M for $14.95! The skirt was $5 at Forever 21, in total the clothes cost about $30, not too shabby. There is no need to spend billions on a cute outfit, just check the quality and make sure you don't spend much on trendy clothes you might not be into next year. Save your money for pieces you will love forever, like these Steve Madden boots that are a huge go-to item for me.
To rock it out a little more, I added my favorite Ann Taylor motorcycle denim jacket, which also looks cute with the sleeves rolled up. For the first time, I threw this jacket in the wash as was super happy to find that it came out perfectly. I tend to wash all of my clothes with cold water on the delicate cycle and it really helps to preserve the clothes. You may also notice my $3 H&M neo shades! LOVE THEM! Not to be worn with every outfit, but a fun accessory to have in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment