Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work Day to Date Night

I was feeling super frumpy and knew I needed to spice things up. The quickest way I know to get me in a good mood is change the way I look. Though I try and stay away from hoochie, short shorts and a long tank top are one of my favorite summer looks. Keeping the tank top long and full coverage helps to stay away from trashy. My shorts also have a tailored look to them with the single cuff on the hem.

I always like the option of having something that can go over my tank top. Looking into the far reaches of my closet, I found this short-sleeve jacket. My issue with it is it gets bunchy in the middle with the buttons, sash and fitted fabric. People knot the ends of trench coat sashes, so why not knot the ends of my sash? It is something different for me but I am happy that I finally got a chance to wear this jacket.

My solution to easy, cute hair is to simply pin back one side with crossed bobby pins. By french braiding with small sections, starting with the crown, a small braid is created which helps the hair stay in place.























Accessories!

Black and denim are the perfect base for adding a funky edge like my favorite, vintage coral necklace and cork peep-toe wedges. It would be easy to add lots of extras to this outfit, since it is simple, but by choosing the accessories deliberately allow for a sleek sexy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment