Friday, July 8, 2011

Wearing a Vest in the Summer: Three Outfits from One Vest

My friend, Loreal, and I were complaining about how hard it is to dress in outfits during summer. Both of us crave layering like we would die without it. If an outfit cannot be adorned with cardigans, leggings, and scarves, then it just is not an outfit. Likewise, when you are in the midst of 100+ degree weather, jeans and a tank top are way too boring to accept as an everyday option. My friends, I give you the solution- VEST! Here are three different ways I've worn my vest from New York & Co. during the last week.


1. Casual
My tailored short denim shorts are a summer favorite, I love the length on them! The vest works because I have a long top on and allow the vest to define my waist. Paired with a chunky necklace and gladiator sandals makes this a great option for shopping, going to a BBQ or even a lunch date.

2. Business


Since I have a tattoo near my elbow, it is important for me to have elbow length tops for work. I tried to go to a meeting with a cardigan on and ended up standing in the sun, in 105 degree weather! By adding this vest, I can choose a light-weight top and still look professional. 

3. Date Night

It may be a surprise to some, but I do not take myself too seriously, not at all. I bought this red, jersey knit dress (also from NY&Co) and, while I love it, it is super sexy. It is hard for me to just say, "check me out in my hot red dress!" By dressing it down a bit with boots and my super cute vest, it allows me to still hint at sexiness but not be in-you-face about it.

If you are crazing a vest of your own, I strongly suggest checking out New York & Co. They have lots of sizes and all of the vests are nicely made and tailored. Have fun trying to layer this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment